We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
- Meat and poultry
- Lamb mince
- Lamb burgers
These are tasty lamb burgers inspired by Greek flavours. The fennel is the secret ingredient that adds loads of taste!
30 people made this
- 225g mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 900g minced lamb
- 4 tablespoons breadcrumbs
- 1 bulb fennel, chopped
- 3 tablespoons shallots, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- ground black pepper to taste
- 8 baps or burger buns
MethodPrep:15min ›Cook:10min ›Extra time:2hr chilling › Ready in:2hr25min
- In a small bowl, mix together mayonnaise and minced garlic. Cover, and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Preheat barbecue for high heat.
- Mix together lamb, breadcrumbs, fennel, shallot, oregano and salt. Form into 2cm thick burgers, and sprinkle black pepper over surfaces.
- Brush grate with oil, and place burgers on grate. Cook for 3 to 5 minutes per side, turning once, or until done. Serve on buns with garlic mayonnaise.
These burgers can also be cooked under the grill or in a frying pan.
Check out our BBQ how-to guides and videos for easy tips on how to BBQ to perfection!
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(27)
Reviews in English (19)
just made these burgers and they are yum-09 Jan 2015
This is absolutely one of the best recipes I've ever found for lamb. My family just loved this and I will definitely make this again in the future!-25 Jun 2000
by LAUREL B
I cut the lamb by adding an equal amount of ground beef. This way the burgers where not too lamby. I also used fennel seed instead of the fresh fennel. I was worried about my husband because he a bit of a food snob but he loved these!!!!-09 Aug 2003